Saturday, July 16, 2011

12 Days Countdown:Things Left Unfinished

I guess one of the things I will miss about Phoenix are the places we have yet to visit and the adventures left not-had.

I love, love, love getting away and going to new places. Phoenix is closer to the middle of the state, which means our drives were that much shorter. Yeah, Tucson is only two hours away but that's two extra hours in a car with kids. I think that means it is much more like 4 hours away when you factor in the extra potty breaks, extra stops for water because they drank it all (already!), gray hairs from worrying, hoarse voice from yelling, cost of visiting the chiropractor from having to turn your neck 45 times in one hour...this could really go on and on. We still have not been to the Out of Africa Wild Animal Park and Bearizona. We'll go- I might just have to do a little drinking while Brooks is driving to make it there ;) I kid, really. Maybe. California is a much shorter drive from here, as is Vegas. We'll still go to all of these places, I just may think about it a little more before making the suggestion.

There are also places in Phoenix we've yet to visit: Sea Life, The Arizona Science Center, We haven't been to the Fire Museum since Taylor was too little to remember. We've only been to one of the water parks, never been to Lake Pleasant or experienced the Dolly Steamboat tours. That leaves our stay in Phoenix feeling a little incomplete and unconquered. Now I guess these will all have to be reasons to come back and fun adventures to be had on those trips.

No comments: