Saturday, July 9, 2011

12 Days Countdown: Morning News

I remember when Brooks and I would come up to Phoenix to stay for the weekend and I caught my first glimpse of a real morning news program. It was hilarious! I first watched AZ Family Channel 3 and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It was not news like I was used to; the newscasters didn't blandly report- they bantered back and forth, told jokes, played music not muzak...maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal but the first time I turned on a TV and saw this I thought it was yet another way that Phoenix was oh so much cooler and hip than Tucson. The local Fox channel had a funny morning program as well and one time I saw the Fox weather guy in line at the 99 Cent Superstore. We also saw one of the Biggest Loser contestants at the Golden Spoon on another occasion. She  rode her bike and came clomping in with her bike shoes on.This was before the finale and she was barely recognizable, but I still couldn't help but stare not-so-subtly.

Back to news, little did I know that during our time living in Phoenix, I would be on the AZ Family Good Morning Arizona program seven times with BizEWorks, and one additional time as a jean model. We were also here for the devastating helicopter crash between channel 3 and the ABC station.

I've watched the local news a few times in Tucson during trips back, and recall some of the same reporters from when I was a kid still reporting and looking quite old. I guess they love Tucson. Morning news is just one of many reasons I will miss Phoenix.

2 comments:

Stephanie Wadas said...

I love your 12 days of Phoenix! Makes me think back on what I liked about Phx :)

L-Dubs said...

Thanks Stephanie! I am enjoying appreciating the things I will miss :)