Wednesday, July 13, 2011

12 Days Countdown: Big Movie Theaters

Just a quick post as somehow the day has escaped me and now I find it almost bedtime and I certainly can't miss posting about one of my favorite Phoenix phenomena: big movie theaters.

Brooks and I love to watch movies; of course with our two little adorable suckers of alone time , this never happens anymore. That is, except for summers when Grammy and Papa return from Spain and babysit for us. When we first moved to Phoenix and before Taylor was born, Brooks and I discovered the 30-plex in North Phoenix. When I was pregnant and running an internal temperature to rival the Arizona heat we'd head to the theaters three nights a week at least. We may or may not have even movie hopped a time or two.

So now going to the theater is a total treat and a super fun date. Although we have watched far more uber guy action movies than my beloved chick flicks, it's still a yummy bucket of popcorn and time alone with my honey. Yeah Tucson has theaters, but not as many, definitely not as big and certainly not as many happy date memories.

No comments: