Tuesday, July 19, 2011

...and now reasons I will enjoy being in Tucson

I guess it only seems fair, right?

1. The mountains are so beautiful, I've always thought they looked like painted movie backdrops.

2. More democrats. It will be nice to return to our people.

3. Many, many more memorable restaurants. I can really only think of two places I will miss in Phoenix- Greek Wraps in the West Valley and Someburros. But in Tucson there are so many more unique and great places to eat- Mi Nidito's, Rosa's, Molina's, Eegees, El Minuto, Caruso's, Zachary's (is that still open?), Sinbad's, Ali Baba... I could really go on and on. If you can't tell we like to eat and will undoubtedly be eating our way through Tucson.

4. My family. I am one of 10, nine of which live in Tucson and all of which I love and have missed equally.

5. The U of A and everything about it.

6. There is nothing like the smell of rain in the desert. Tucson gets more of it, and it somehow even smells better.

7.  An abundance of rocks and gravel. If we get a haboob, we'd probably not even be able to tell the difference.

8. My friends! Yay!

9. It works hard to maintain a homey, small town feel

10. Old adventures from when I was a kid to re-live with my own babies.

No comments: