Friday, October 22, 2010

Making plans

One of the best parts of having time on my hands is making plans for family outings! This next week should be fun with Halloween and Taylor's fall festival and parade. I am hoping I can convince Brooks we should also take the kids to Sea Life, the new aquarium, but I may have to downplay the crowd factor on that one. While I love festivals and events, Brooks does not. We often use the phrase with each other "you knew it when you married me", and while he is the homebody type I am not, and well- he knew it when he married me ;)

This weekend we have some extra fun plans! We'll be heading down to Tucson for my friend Aurora's wedding. We had booked a hotel, but my Dad offered to let us stay with them so after some convincing, Brooks agreed. We love hotels, but more then we love hotels we hate inconveniencing people. While I love my kids dearly, I can image 24 hours with them might be a little much for someone who did not carry them for 40 weeks. But, I really have been enjoying spending time with my dad so I really wanted to do this. Aside from the rehearsal dinner party and wedding, it is also my brother's birthday and believe me- nothing beats a Mexican birthday party. Even though Gabriel is a teenager, I am sure there will at least be a barbecue which in itself is worth the trip. We'll leave for home on Monday and them meet up with Mom and Katie who will be on their way home from the Selena Gomez concert. The icing on the cake is that I think this weekend may also involve some clothes shopping since Brooks needs a new pair of dress pants for the wedding. Something happened with my sense of style in the past few years- perhaps it went with my bladder and memory from childbirth, but I really, really need new clothes. I am heavier now than I like to be, so when we do go out I don't buy anything because I don't want to be this size. But, after packing our bag for this trip, I just need to get creative on how to buy stuff I can still wear. With time on my hands again, I really have no reason not to be healthy.

No comments: