Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall!

I am so done with Arizona. As Brooks says, "D-U-N, done!" But, then of course fabulous days like today happen and my heart begins to soften for this state.

Taylor has been home sick for the past two days, and I sent him back to school today in shorts. I should have put the kids in pants, but at that point he was already in the car and I couldn't convince him to change, but I did run back inside and grabbed his jacket. Jasmine has been sick as well and woke up with a fever, but is now running around the house and playing with Delaney. She was dressed appropriately but started asking for her jacket as soon as she saw her brother with his.

This weather has me thinking all sorts of things- most of all is how absolutely grateful I am to be home with my babies and enjoying getting back to what I love. My house has been clean, dinner has actually been ready on time and the kids are just amazing. There were some days where I just had this tremendous guilt about sitting them in front of the TV or telling them no-mommy could not do that with them now. But, they don't seem to care that I am back 100% and it is like we haven't lost a beat. I guess if I was going to hear some dissertation about neglect to mommy duties it would come from the mind and mouth of Taylor, Jasmine may just be paying me back my hogging the bed, covers and pillows each night.

No comments: