Friday, October 29, 2010

The best day

I was so worried last night about how today would work out. Even this morning I was stressing about being able to get Jasmine ready and packed with an hour worth of entertainment so we could make the Halloween Parade at school. And, everything went so well today. I woke up early to make Taylor some gluten free cupcakes and decorated his with a pumpkin and sprinkles. I knew the class would be having cupcakes, and I didn't want him eating one, but I also did not want him to feel left out by having a plain, homemade cupcake. After I dropped him off I skipped my usual mommy stalker routine of driving back around to the playground area and hanging out to make sure he made it safely, and instead walked his cupcake into the classroom to give it to the teacher. She said I could bring in extra cupcakes that they would just freeze and warm up when other kids had birthdays. I am going to try Martha Stewart's meringue recipe substituted with our version of "butter" which I think is quite tasty. If it works, then I think that would be the best to freeze. But, I digress. So after dropping off the cupcake we walked back to the parent pick up area and I sat Jazz in the front seat and we just talked and played. She was pretty fragrant, but kept insisting she did not poop. The parade started and I gathered with the other mommies and we watched the kids walk around. Taylor was the first kid out and was holding the music teachers hand and dancing away. I love how uninhibited he is, and I think he could really care less what other kids think. I hope through this whole process he never loses that. I blew him lots of kisses, tried to take as many pics as I could and off they went back inside for more holiday fun. I talked with a few of the other moms and hoped they couldn't smell my stinky girl.


About noon, I went to take some garbage out and Jazzy followed me out to the garage and climbed in her wagon. "Can we go for a walk?" she asked. "Sure!" I said, and ran inside to grab some water and sunglasses and of course my phone and off we went. I let Jazz choose our route and we went around and about and down streets we haven't been down before. It was tons of fun. She loved each time we went up and down a curb and got upset when it looked like we were heading back home. So we turned around and went around and about all over again. Finally, she decided she wanted to go home to paint her nails and we headed back home. We passed one butterfly and I stopped to try to get a picture. Then we kept on walking and saw even more butterflies. Tons of butterflies! "Mama, where are they going?" she kept asking me. Since she now had a clean diaper, I really didn't know but on we walked and they were still all around us. It even looked like some were playing tag with one another, it really was the neatest thing. And of course, super fun to experience it with my little Jazzy.

No comments: