Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Grandma's House



Tay and I are now at Grandma's house in Sonoita. It is very relaxing, and very green out here. Tay has been following Uncle Sammy around and trying to play with all of his toys. Katie, of course, is a great help and between the two of them for entertainment, Tay wants nothing to do with his poor mommy. I have been able to catch up on my bajillion emails and have been cleaning Grandma's house like crazy. Yesterday we drove into the big city of Sierra Vista and went shopping. Then we went and had lunch at Fernando's taco shop, my favorite kind of place. I could eat mexican food everyday and being my son, Tay could as well. I bought some new maternity clothes, which I very much need to start wearing. I have gained a bunch of weight so far, but I am sure the baby will be cute and healthy so it will be totally worth it. My first day down here, I went to vsit Araceli and the kids. She made her famous mole enchiladas, and sent me home with the leftovers. I woke up at 1:30 craving some, and it took all my willpower not to warm a serving up. As much as I can stuff myself during the day, eating at 1:30 in the morning just seems wrong.

There is an endless supply of toys here at Grandma's. Silly me actually brought a small tub of Taylor toys, which he has not touched at all. He found Sammy's Chevron cars, helicopters, jets and the big hit has been the micro-machines. He also loves Grandma's train room and so far has managed not to break anything. He loves playing out in the front courtyard and sneaks out there whenever I forget to lock the door. He is a sweet little angel though, and does occasionally need his mommy especially at bed time. He loves to snuggle and wraps his little arms around me very tight. I just love it! At the end of the day, there is nothing better than being with my little man.

No comments: