Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sensory Shopping

Today the postman brought an exciting package from Barnes and Noble: The Out of Sync Child, and The Out Of Sync Child Has Fun. Ironically, just this morning I also went online and bought Taylor's "wiggle seat" as his OT calls it. It is an inflatable disc seat with bumps on it, that seems to work to keep his little keester still. Depending on how big this thing is, I may fit it in my purse for the next time we go out to eat. Taylor seems to love deep pressure and "proprioceptive" activities, so I am attempting to find what we can do at home without breaking the bank. Taylor's favorite activity with his OT is the "Squeeze Machine", which is a measly $530. After quickly flipping though The Out of Sync Child Has Fun, I think we can make a similar type of activity out of inner tubes.

No comments: