Tuesday, September 6, 2011

HGTV and the Dubs

Here is a long overdue pic of the new couch. It is off-white leather and fabulous. To all  you Nay-Sayer's who think white and kids don't mix- leather and kids mix quite well, actually. In fact, Mr. Couch has already become pretty familiar with chocolate pudding on a few occasions and still looks showroom new. He is comfy, big enough for our both to stretch our feet out on and watch movies together after the kids go to bed. Totally perfect and I am happy.


Well, sort of happy.

Seeing this nice, new couch in our living room makes our chaise look shabbier then he was already looking. So, I am going to begin a new project hopefully soon and attempt to create a new dark gray slipcover for the chaise. I found the fabric, but since I have no idea what I am doing (although the old slip cover will make for a great pattern), I need to recruit some help with this. Specifically someone with  a sewing machine as I don't want to hand stitch the whole thing and my beloved stitch -witchery will only go so far.

Big project #2 is updating and decorating a house for Brooks' friends who live in Miami. They don't want to fly back to handle selling this house which used to be a rental so we are acting as the middle men to get it done. Today Jazz and I walked around Lowe's and found some pretty cool counter top solutions. This is fun and I feel a little like all the HGTV watching we have done is paying off. I am enjoying finding nice things at a bargain and can't wait to see it all come together. We are re-painting, updating the electrical as well as light fixtures and hardware and faucets, ceiling fans and new counter tops and mirrors. I am truly loving this and wishing we had the extra money and the market was better to where we could either have some rentals or flip some houses.

1 comment:

Celi said...

Ramona sews and she is willing to teach. I almost took her up on it until we moved. Mom sews too and she taught me how to make pants...just sayin' it might be worth a shot to recruit one of them for help. Id help but I can barely hem pants without belting out G rated profanities...which, by the way, are often more comical than their R rated counterparts ;)