Thursday, August 11, 2011

HALLELUJAH!

We have a TV!

I know, our priorities are totally apparent here... we still do not have a dinning room table, we don't have a couch...but we have a TV.

We have now been in Tucson for 21 days, we've been eating out, picnicking on the floor or the bottom two steps leading into the living room, I've also been trying to mooch dinners off of our friends whenever possible ;) OK not really, but we do enjoy seeing our friends and appreciate the invites. Our dining room is the first room you walk into, so it looks a little odd to walk right into a table-less room with the back wall stacked tall with boxes that hopefully soon will make it into storage. With the TV our living room looks a little better although I would love a couch at some point hopefully soon.

After being moved in just a few days, Taylor made his own TV:


Here is the "small" TV Brooks picked out:




What's even better is that when we plugged the sucker in we picked up a few basic channels...and get this- we picked up even more digital channels. Go figure that one, but as I type this the babies are watching Nick Jr. I can only attribute this as being a gift from the Heavens. God saw I was tiring of the kids fighting and knew a little non educational programming was just the fix.

So, thank you Jesus. Last night I was able to watch Love In the Wild, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

And tonight after I watch some more TV, I will get the privilege of sleeping in my own bed. Yes! It's true! While opening his wallet for the TV was not something he even had to think about, Brooks tried the old "we'll look at mattresses tomorrow" trick with me and Angry Laura merely had to speak a few choice words and we were out the door to the mattress store. For the past 21 nights I have been sleeping with Jasmine and he has been sleeping on the extra twin mattress. If this purchase had not been made, my lovely, handsome and sweet husband would be having very personal conversations with Jesus.

So, it's coming along. Slowly, but surely this place will be complete.

No comments: