Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Hot

I hate the summer. You'd think after 30 years of this ish it wouldn't be so bad. But nah, it still is hot and miserable. If I don't get the kids out by 7am, then it is too hot to go out until maybe 7pm. Which means we are pretty much stuck in the house all day. Taylor is beyond miserable. We start the day with some shorts and a t-shirt, usually sometime before lunch he loses the shirt (which is actually pretty cute because he likes to show off his muscles), then every day without fail, by the time Brooks gets home he has stripped down to his undies. If it's just us at home, I don't mind. It's hot and he hates the heat.

 Jazzy on the other hand, hates the cold. Here she is completely miserable playing in the snow near Flagstaff. Taylor was in heaven, he was so wet from the snow that we had to strip off his seven layers of clothes and change him in the car before we left. Jazzy was bundled up and held by Brooks the whole time. She did not want anything to do with the snow.

I'd like to win the lottery and move someplace like this:

I'd like a nice drink in my hand, something mixed so the kids can't tell it is really bad for me. I'd probably need a glass of water too, so that way I don't get too dehydrated drinking my adult beverage and act loopy in front of the kids.  I guess I'll need some sunscreen too. Even being Mexican, I can't seem to tan to save my life, but gotta prevent wrinkles at least. Oh, and how nice it would be to actually close my eyes at the beach. I haven't done that in six years. Without a doubt both my beach babies would be darting for the water. Taylor would be asking how you make salt or want to talk about the sea creatures, and Jazzy would want to add bubbles so she could have one massive bubble bath.  Brooks would be there, maybe sleeping, maybe playing in the sand with the kids.

Ahh...

2 comments:

wavechaser said...

haven`t closed your eyes in six years.... poor girl. I~m spoiled. Jason is out the door, Jamie faraway so it`s read, snooze, beer, sports, find live music...when not working of course.
So...winters need to be in AZ.
Summers somewhere north... Brooks needs to get with the program and save you from the no clothes wearing kids....

Stephanie said...

Oooooohhhhhh, that picture and whole vacation sounds perfect!! One day we will get that :)