Monday, July 23, 2007

R.I.P. Fishy


Taylor's first pet, Fishy the Beta, has now gone to fish Heaven. He had a short, but fun life. Tay spent the first week staring at him and trying to show him his toys (as pictured), just in case he wanted to play. Brooks and I over fed him I am sure, as we do with all our animals. We often commented, "Wow, Beta's sure are hearty!" Unfortunately it was during a routine tank cleaning when Fishy just couldn't hold on any longer. Brooks speculates he probably wasn't doing so hot anyway. Don't tell PETA, but I am sure he will soon be replaced with Fishy #2.

1 comment:

Celi said...

I remember Bella's first fish: a male beta named Snow White Jasmine. He was a cantankerous crusty old fish. I would change his tank and that fish would jump right out of the net or right out of his bowl like he was stuck in a freaky rendition of Finding Nemo. I liked that fish. Bella was really sad when he died. She's happy with her kitten Serena...thankfully her name fits her gender :) What about Tay-Tay anymore pets for him anytime soon?