Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Month O' Birthdays

October is apparently THE month for birthdays. We took Bella and Sophia to Phoenix with us the first weekend of the month for Mikey and Joshy's joint birthday party. Mikey's b-day is actually in September, but the Back Pack decides to double the fun and they have another joint bday party in January for the rest of the clan. Since it has been pretty hot, they had lots of fun water games and then the kids enjoyed superhero cookies and cupcakes. Joshy actually shares a birthday with our step-mom Ramona.

The following weekend we went to Jazzy's little friends joint b-day party at Pump It Up. Matt is in her preschool class and Reese is his equally fun cousin who is in the 4 year old preschool class. The kids love Pump It Up and had a blast! Taylor pretty much takes off and does his own thing, Jazzy has to have someone with her at all times, so Brooks and I were a little sore from climbing up the equipment. I made Brooks take her down the big slide, which is fun, but I am a weenie and without fail every time I get to the top of the slide I have this moment of panic trying to decide if I really have to do this. Brooks and I also decided to race each other through the obstacle course. In all fairness he totally would have beaten me if it weren't for the three kids blocking him from the final slide. We'll be having Taylor's party at Pump It Up (I think anyway, if we can get the guest list down a bit), so I took the opportunity to check out the party room and get an idea of how we could decorate. For all the planning I have done for other events, I always seem to drop the ball when it comes to the kids b-days. Not this year! Brooks still asks now why every party has to be like a Sweet Sixteen. Oh, that poor man hasn't seen anything yet! I have started my spreadsheet for Tayor's birthday as and soon as we figure out whether we can do one big party or will do two smaller ones, we'll be good to go!


This weekend we have my little brother Gabe's birthday. But, in true Mexican style, it hasn't really been planned yet. I am hoping they decide to barbecue because I am in the mood for some carne asada. We've actually only been to dinner there once since we've been back. I've asked Brooks a couple of times if we could call and see if we could go over for dinner; in true white man fashion he thinks we'd be imposing though. So the only rice and beans we have had (since I am not allowed to make beans) have been at Taco Tote and On The Border.

Finally, it is Sam and Katie's birthday on October 27th. I can't believe those kids are going to be 13! We went to Grammy's ranch last Friday for a visit since the kids had the day off for a grading day, but since Sam and Katie are in a different district they were still in school. I did however catch a glimpse of their birthday wish lists, which both included ipads. Thank goodness my kids are cool with Transformers and Barbies now. I'd like to prolong them being expensive teenagers for as long as possible.

No comments: