Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fun Weekened!


Tay and I just got back from spending the weekend at Grandma's. We drove down Friday after Brooks got off of work and first stopped in Tucson for Michael's birthday party. We had dinner at Araceli's then sang "Happy Birthday" and had baseball cake. Mikey got a pop up tube and tent play set, which Taylor was trying hard to break. So James packed it up and we started opening presents. I thought he would love the Woody and Buzz Lightyear we got him, but apparently Tay's beat-up Herbie car was much more interesting. The last time we were at Grandma's, Taylor discovered the Herbie movie and Sam's toy Herbie car. Try as I might, (and believe me- I tried!)I could not find a new Herbie car for him, so we bribed Sammy into giving Tay his old one. It is now missing a door, but Tay loves it. After the party, I headed to my mom's and Brooks went back home, where he slept in late and played Playstation, and watched movies all by himself. Ah, the life!

Meanwhile, Tay and I went to the Taiko drum concert on Saturday, which was awesome! Grandma is on the board of directors for the group, and this was Tay's third Japanese drum concert. He loved it, and made it through the first half like a champ. The second half he decided he'd rather be a wiggle worm, so we went outside and played. The best part was, we drove there in Grandma's bus, which he still thinks is the coolest thing ever.

Sunday we went to my aunt and uncle's house for a quilt making party for my Nana. Each grand kid and great-grand kid painted a square for the quilt and Araceli is going to sew it all together to give her for Christmas. Spanky made carne asada, which is to die for, and the kids played and had a blast. I brought Katie with me and she had a great time. It is always nice to see my cousins and Spanky and Terri. Terri said they wanted to have a baby shower for me, so we will definitely be back for that! I thought it was very sweet that they wanted to do that, and am excited to find out what the baby is so we can start planning!

Monday we went back into Tucson and met my friend Sybil for lunch. She just passed the bar and is a law clerk. We met her downtown and Tay thought it was pretty cool. We haven't really walked around downtown Phoenix yet, so he thought Tucson was pretty impressive. For lunch he had chicken noodle soup, chocolate milk and a cookie. I had a yummy salad with mandarin oranges, feta cheese, almonds and chicken. It is always fun to see Sybil. We have been friends since junior high, then lost touch and reconnected. She is a hoot and always has a funny story to tell. Plus, she appreciates my crazy stories.

Tuesday we came home, and Tay was very upset to have to say goodbye to Grandma. He cried some of the way home and then fell asleep in the car and once we were home we tucked him in to Taylor's bed. Daddy bought him a new truck with a trailer, towing a quad and he fell asleep with it in his arms. Brooks and I each get up a few times to check on him and he is so darn cute when he is sleeping. He is so cute all the time, really.

Oh, it was a fun weekend.

No comments: